- PreachingToday.com Invites Pastors to Browse Easter Sermon Outlines, Illustrations, and Videos
- PreachingToday.com Announces Annual Book Awards
- PreachingToday.com Offers The Purpose of Christmas by Tim Keller Free Through The Holidays
- PreachingToday.com Gives Pastors Fresh Ideas for Their Christmas Message
- PreachingToday.com has introduced new "Preachers Connect" feature
- PreachingToday.com launches new fall sermon series
- PreachingToday.com Announces 2012 Preaching Book Awards
- Top 10 Sermons of 2013 from PreachingToday.com
- PreachingToday.com Announces 2014 Preaching Book Awards
- Exclusive Unpublished Sermon by Martin Luther King Jr. Free at PreachingToday.com
- PreachingToday.com Offers a free eBook For Pastor Appreciation Month: 'The Best of John Ortberg'
PreachingToday.com Announces 2014 Preaching Book Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brian Larson
Phone: 630-260-6200 x4285
Carol Stream, IL February 17, 2012 - PreachingToday.com, a ministry of Christianity Today, announced the winners of its annual Preaching Book Awards. PreachingToday.com names preaching books of the year in two categories: one focused on the preacher's skills and the other on the preacher's soul.
This year's winner of the skills category is Engaging Exposition, written by Daniel L. Akin, Bill Curtis, and Stephen Rummage, and published by B&H Academic. David Allen, dean of the school of theology at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, raves, "This book has the best overall discussion that covers the landscape of expository preaching, regardless of genre, that would help any pastor regardless of experience level." Honorable mention in the skills category goes to The Beginning and End of Wisdom: Preaching Christ from the First and Last Chapters of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Job, author Douglas Sean O'Donnell, published by Crossway.
In the soul category, the winner is Folly, Grace, and Power, author John Koessler, published by Zondervan Publishing. A strong second in this category is The Pastor by Eugene H. Peterson, published by HarperCollins.
The award winners were chosen by votes from two preaching experts and the editors of PreachingToday.com.
The article announcing the awards can be found here.
PreachingToday.com is dedicated to inspiring preachers and elevating the level of preaching in the English-speaking world. PreachingToday.com is a subscription site that posts over 360 illustrations in its searchable database each year, as well as preaching articles, sermons and sermon series, and audio sermons.
Christianity Today is a nonprofit, global media ministry that serves the church through digital and print publications, as well as practical and accessible web resources that together reach more than 2.5 million people every month.