Plagiarism, Permissions and Usage
- What if I still have questions?
- Can I make copies of the sermon outlines and transcripts?
- Can I use these illustrations and quotes in my sermons?
- Can I use these illustrations and quotes in articles or papers I write?
- Can I use images from PreachingToday.com in my sermon presentations?
- How do I know what sources to cite in my sermons? How do I give proper credit?
- Can I use any of the content on my church's website?
- Do you have the copyright clearance to post the content on your website? Do I have copyright clearance to include it in my sermons?
- How do you know whether your use of a sermon, illustration, excerpt, story, or quotation is a permissible "fair use"?
- What rights do I have to use videos and video illustrations in church?
- Who do I need to get permission to show movies (even short clips) in church?
How do I know what sources to cite in my sermons? How do I give proper credit?
Citing sources sounds simple enough, but conscientious preachers run into dilemmas. See the skills articles When Do We Cross the Line into Plagiarism, Plagiarism, Schmagiarism and Stolen Goods: Tempted to Plagiarize for help in this area.