How to use PreachingToday.com
- How does My Cabinet work?
- What if I still have questions?
- How do I find content that fits a particular Bible text?
- How do I find content that fits lectionary texts?
- How do I find content for a certain topic?
- How do I find sermons?
- How do I search to get the best results?
- How can I refine my search or do an advanced search?
- How do I find the right topics to search on each type of content?
- How do I get only the content closest to what I really need? How do I use filters?
- How do I search by multiple words or phrases?
- How do I narrow my search when there are too many results to display?
- I think you have a lot of content for my topic, but I'm getting very few results. Why?
- How do I copy illustrations or other content from PreachingToday.com into my sermon manuscript?
- How do I get a sermon once I've found one I'm interested in?
- How do I set up an 'alert'?
How do I set up an 'alert'?
If you haven't tagged any keywords in the My Alerts feature on PreachingToday.com, you don't know what a helpful tool you are missing. For example, if you tagged the word Christmas for an alert, during the Advent season you would receive an email each week notifying you of the new illustrations and sermons posted that week on our site that bear the keyword Christmas.
Talk about convenient! Are you preaching on prayer or revival in January, on the cross in March or April, on forgiveness in September? Tag those keywords now with an alert, and if we add anything new to our database on that topic, you'll know it. This saves you from having to check back each week to see if we've added any new content on a topic for which you've already searched our archives. It also keeps you abreast of our freshest material on any topic.
Here's how to give My Alerts a try. On the main menu, select "Find sermon illustrations," then "Browse topics." In the "All Topics" area in the upper left of the main white area on the page, next to the word "Advent" click on the icon of the folder with a plus sign (). Select "create an alert" from the drop-down list. You're done!
To manage your alerts, including deleting alerts, click on the My Account icon beneath the Main Menu at the far right (the icon is the human figure), then click on the My Alerts tab second from the right.