How to use PreachingToday.com
- How does My Cabinet work?
- What if I still have questions?
- How do I find content that fits a particular Bible text?
- How do I find content that fits lectionary texts?
- How do I find content for a certain topic?
- How do I find sermons?
- How do I search to get the best results?
- How can I refine my search or do an advanced search?
- How do I find the right topics to search on each type of content?
- How do I get only the content closest to what I really need? How do I use filters?
- How do I search by multiple words or phrases?
- How do I narrow my search when there are too many results to display?
- I think you have a lot of content for my topic, but I'm getting very few results. Why?
- How do I copy illustrations or other content from PreachingToday.com into my sermon manuscript?
- How do I get a sermon once I've found one I'm interested in?
- How do I set up an 'alert'?
How do I get only the content closest to what I really need? How do I use filters?
After you've done an initial search on a topic or Bible reference and have received the maximum amount of results (for more on this, see the article How do I search to get the best results?), you can narrow the results according to source, audience, type, region, and tone in the left sidebar. Click on any of the links listed and our search system will display only the content that have the particular filters applied that you choose. For example, if you are looking for an illustration for your introduction that provides a humorous beginning to your sermon, you can find only those illustrations that involve humor by clicking on "Humor" on the filters list.